August 2, 2018 Release Notes
User Importing ★
A much requested feature, you now have the ability to import a group of users into the system. Any users that already exist in the system will be updated with the new information provided, and new users will be imported and added to the system.
Additional User Training Information on Profiles ★
We've added a variety of information to the User Training profile that managers can view. Managers can now see a user's completed, uncompleted/assigned training, current training progress, and export all of that information should they wish.
Manage Vendor Types
In order to be able to add types to vendors, you have to create the types! We've added the ability to manage your vendor types in the admin section.
Manage Contact Types
Multiple contacts means each contact doing a different job! Now you can manage your contact types in the same way you manage your vendor types, with lots of possibilities in your future.
Vendor Type, Address and URL ★
We've added a Vendor Type, address and URL to the vendor, which will hopefully allow you to track vendors more effectively.
Multiple Contacts per Vendor ★
Who needs just one person to call when eight people with different jobs will do?! Now you can add multiple contacts per vendor and truly manage your vendors on a minute level.
Customized Fields on Assets ★
Another highly requested feature, we've added the ability for each organization to create their own customized fields that they want to track on assets. This could be anything from purchase price to color - and everything in between. Go hog wild!
Update to Permissions View
The permissions were starting to look and get unruly. We decided to reign them in by categorizing and tabbing them.
A long time awaited feature, we have basic reporting from datasets. Tested with "Training Completed over the last month", you can now create datasets and run basic reports on them. Enhancements to come in the next few sprints.
As always, there are some smaller (and sometimes larger) things we update/change along the way. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- There was a weird thing happening on form editing where you couldn't actually collapse the groups. It was strange so we fixed it.
- Funnily (or not so much) enough, deleted users were still able to access the system if they were logged in when they got deleted. We've gone ahead and made this not a thing anymore.
- Some of the filtering on Vendors and Parts was acting like it was cooler than the rest of us and didn't have to work when asked to. We straightened it out.
- There was a weird occurrence when editing a Vendor you'd added to parts and it was acting shy. We've given it the confidence to show up when requested.
- We added a unit of time to the "lead team" on Vendors on Parts. Because otherwise it was a weird arbitrary number that made no sense.
- When creating a multiple choice question on forms it sometimes duplicated it, which was awkward. No one likes an accidental twin.
- We have decided to hide the pin number on login so someone looking over your shoulder doesn't see it when logging in.
Changes to Permissions/Securables:
★ denotes a feature that was requested by our customers. We want to make the system the best it can be, and want to utilize your thoughts to build the best system we can.