April 26, 2018 Release Notes
Restrict Training Creation of Same Name ★
As a feature request from our users, we've built a check that won't allow a new training material to be created of the same name. This forces users to either choose a different name, or edit the one that already exists.
View PowerPoint files within Noviqu ★
You may now view PowerPoint files from within the browser, instead of having to download them and view them on your machine. Hooray for technology.
New Dashboard Widgets
We have three new widgets for the dashboard - all around training! They are (drum roll please!):
- My Training Progress Widget
A widget on the dashboard that shows your overall progress on the training you have assigned to you.
- My Assigned Training Widget
A widget that lists all training that you have assigned to you and not completed. In essence, a little mini to-do list!
- Daily Training Widget
You can answer each daily training widget from you dashboard! This will show you your question of the day, and your score once completed.
Assessment Management ★
Assessments are a core part of any operation. We've added the ability for managers with the right permissions to be able to view, edit, create, publish, and assign assessments.
My Skills Page
When you need to know where all of your assessments are, and which ones you need to do and which ones have been reviewed, you can go to the My Skills page!
Take Assigned Assessments
As a user, I can now take skills assessments that are assigned to me. I'm only allowed to take these once per assignment, and not allowed to edit my answers.
As always, there are some smaller (and sometimes larger) things we update/change along the way. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- The save bar didn't show when you changed the type of checklist item from header to text or visa versa. Luckily, it does now!
- There were a few issues with the Area and Asset dropdowns in a few places (training, checklists, etc.). We have since fixed those issues, and promise to try not to break things next time.
- We added a site column on the Asset page, so you can see which site an asset is tied to if it.
- There were some issues saving items on training materials when their titles were null. We've added more helpful messages so this shouldn't happen anymore.
- Site/Area dropdowns on user's weren't working correctly, which was unfortunate. They work better now.
Changes to Permissions/Securables
★ denotes a feature that was requested by our customers. We want to make the system the best it can be, and want to utilize your thoughts to build the best system we can.