December 9, 2018 Release Notes

Assessment Name in Notification ★

When getting a notification about a new skills assessment that's been assigned to you, you'll now also see which assessment that is - therefore, no more confusion. Probably.

Work Order Parts 

Use work orders to track and tie parts that may be needed, or parts that are used on any work order with our new capability. This helps keep track of budgets, potential costs, and actual costs of doing maintenance work of your machines.

Tie Training to Work Orders ★

Attach a training material to each work order. Give your workers the ability to instantly know how to perform their tasks without having to navigate to another portion of the system.

Reports: Work Order Entities 

This includes Work Orders, their assigned users and any activity associated with them.

Bug Fixes

As always, there are some smaller (and sometimes larger) things we update/change along the way. This sprint we decided to focus heavily on bugs, which includes, but is not limited to, the following:

  • After deleting a dataset, the Report became orphaned and was lonely. We've fixed that problem by killing it entirely.
  • Email notifications were sending users to the wrong URL (not This was problematic but we've pointed it in the right direction now.
  • Clicking notifications of skills assessments that have already been complete made a weird error occur. This has been fixed.
  • If a skills assessment has been unpublished and someone attempts to take it from the notifications it was giving a weird error.
  • Something weird was happening when editing the dashboard welcome message and deleting all content. Spoiler alert: it didn't delete it all. Spoiler alert #2: We've fixed it.
  • We don't know why, but people were making the start time of a work order be after the end time, which doesn't make sense. Either way, we've fixed it so they can't do that anymore. Looking at you Greg.
  • Offline Training tab on the My Training page was showing weird dates/not the actual timezone of the person. 
  • Someone (not pointing fingers Shauna) tried to upload a huge video. We updated the max video size allowed so there aren't any problems.
  • Gmail hated our password reset emails and would strip out the actual link. We've talked sharply to them and they fixed it for us. (Just kidding, they didn't take our call.)
  • Time would randomly jump to UTC time when changing it on work orders. We asked it to stop that and it did.
  • We had some typos in the Form section. That was silly and embarrassing and we fixed them.
  • Weirdness was happening when users were trying to confirm their offline training but clicking out of the modal without saving. We've fixed this issue.
  • Training occurrences were skipping the first one. We spoke sharply to it and they decided to start working correctly again.





★ denotes a feature that was requested by our customers. We want to make the system the best it can be, and want to utilize your thoughts to build the best system we can.